Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Interview with Sara Humphreys, author of Untamed


1. If someone looked at your browsing history right now, what kind of
things would we find?


Probably a lot of searches for the hurricane but before that I had a lot of searches for the medical examiner's office in NYC. Some of my search history would probably freak people out if they didn't know I was an author.


2. If you could write about any subject that is near and dear to your
heart, what would it be and why?


I'd probably write about bullying and the effects it can have on kids. I was bullied pretty badly from 7th grade through 10th grade and it took moving to a new school to stop it. I'm always amazed at the human capacity for cruelty.


3. Do you have a favorite song, album, or playlist to write to?


It varies depending on the book. I just finished writing Tall, Dark, and Vampire which is set in NYC and is about a coven of vampire chicks. I listened to a lot of Slaughter and Guns -n- Roses for that one.


4. What was the first thing you did after the debut of the first book you wrote?

I smiled for about a month straight. It was an absolute dream come true but to be honest, every book launch is equally exciting. It never gets old.
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?


Negativity. I can not stand people who only see problems and don't look for solutions. Wallowing in misery is no way to live. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of down moments but it's unhealthy to get mired down in it. Don't let it beat you.


6. Do you have any guilty pleasures?



Junk food. I love sweets but it's not good for my waistline or my state of mind.


7. What was your favorite book as a teen?


That's a tough one. Probably The Color Purple. I had to read it for school but totally fell in love with it. WHen I was little, I loved the Little House on the Prairie books too.


8. If an aspiring writer asked for advice what would you tell them?

Never, ever give up! Do not stop trying and do not stop writing. Follow your dream and chase it like your life depends on it.


Optional questions :)


Favorite Meal:


My mom's tuna casserole. SO good and total comfort food.

Favorite Drink (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)


Margarita on the rocks with salt.

Sweet or Salty snacks?


Sweet.

All time favorite movie

Aliens franchise or The Notebook


Best book to movie adaption
The Color Purple

Worst book to movie adaption

Twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive