Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Interview with Boone Brux, author of Kiss of the Betrayer


1. If someone looked at your browsing history right now, what kind of things would we find?


A million searches about Lost Girl, season 2. I don't have a TV and I'm dying to know what happened in season 2.


2. If you could write about any subject that is near and dear to your heart, what would it be and why?



Alaska, which I am doing at the moment. It's such a great state and so unlike people who take a cruise here believe it to be. Rural Alaska especially. Crazy things happen out there. Like once, this guy went to work and when he came home his house was gone. Since it was on skids, somebody thought it would be funny to drag it away and park it near the beach. He didn't think it was funny.


Whaling crews up on Barrow haul their catch onto the beach with a D-9 Cat and butcher it right there.


I could go on and on, but I plan on putting a lot of my stories in my new reaper series.


3. Do you have a favorite song, album, or playlist to write to?

No, I need silence when I write or I start singing and dancing.


4. What was the first thing you did after the debut of the first book you wrote?


I opened the box containing copies of Shield of Fire and stared. Then I said, to myself because I was alone, "That was a lot of f*$#&n work for 100,000 words." I think I slept for three or four days after that.


5. What is your biggest pet peeve?

In life it's whiners. I don't mind a little complaining now and then, but I can't handle whiners. In writing...whiners. Have I mentioned how much I don't like whiners?

6. Do you have any guilty pleasures?

Whipped vodka. Does that make me sound like an alcoholic?


7. What was your favorite book as a teen?


I don't remember reading as a teen. Nothing, not even homework or text books. In my early adulthood, 19ish, I loved Raymond Feist's Magician series. It's an awesome fantasy series.


8. If an aspiring writer asked for advice what would you tell them?

Don't get hung up on all the rules. Just write and then write some more, and when you're finished with those books, write sixteen more. You can never have too many finished manuscripts.


9. What is the one thing that scares you more than anything else?

Serial killers, sharks and bears. Not necessarily in that order.


10. What book are you reading right now?

I'm reading Angie Foxes Accidental Demon Slayer series. Funny!!!

Optional questions :)

Favorite Meal:


Cheeseburgers and beer


Favorite Drink (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)


Coffee

Sweet or Salty snacks?


Salty

All time favorite movie


It always changes. Right now it's Lucky One with Zac Efron *nuff said*

Best book to movie adaption


Ten Commandments. I mean really, that story rocked.

Worst book to movie adaption


Eragon. If I hadn't read the book I wouldn't have know what the heck was going on in the movie. It was a big disappointment but the dragon was neat.


Author Links - www.boonebrux.com
www.facebook.com/BooneBruxAuthor
www.twitter.com/boonebrux

Kiss of the Betrayer - Amazon http://amzn.to/QCOAAB

Kiss of the Betrayer - B&N http://bit.ly/Rz36q6

1 comment:

  1. Loved Raymond Fiest's magic series! Think I still have those books on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive