Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Interview with Jade Lee, author of Wedded in Sin


1. If someone looked at your browsing history right now, what kind of things would we find?
Espresso machine searching. I've got a coffee addiction and now I want to have it satisfied at HOME!


2. If you could write about any subject that is near and dear to your heart, what would it be and why?

Energy healing. It's a wide and varied subject. I've studied it for years (over a decade), and I'd like to expose more people to it. What works, what doesn't, and where the potential HUGE problems could be. But my husband thinks I'm nuts, so I stay mostly quiet about this topic. Unless asked. And then...well, look out!


3. Do you have a favorite song, album, or playlist to write to?
I write to silence. I do a lot of mediation, and frankly, whenever I get stuck, I close my eyes and get very present. Answers eventually come. Notice I said "eventually." I wish I had a muse magic button, but sadly...I don't. :(


4. What was the first thing you did after the debut of the first book you wrote?
Tried to sell my next one. Seriously. I'm a type A personality--very driven. One of anything (book, sale, any step along my way) is never enough, I need 20. 20 is never enough, I'll go for 30. Etc. That's why I discovered meditation and zen and all sorts of ways to slow down and focus better. I have the drive, just not the pinpoint focus. That's what I had to learn. And am still learning.


5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Time wasters. And yet...I have discovered Plants vs. Zombies. Hugest time waster EVER! And yet...I play. A lot!


6. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
Chocolate. Plants vs. Zombies. Jewelry. Yeah, I love jewelry...


7. What was your favorite book as a teen?
Voyage of the Dawn Treader by CS Lewis. Read that a zillion times as a kid. Oh wait, you said teen. Obsessed with Lord of the Rings by Tolkien. I read a lot of fantasy. Didn't discover romance until late teens and then had to sneak them in the house. Mom tolerated fantasy books. Romance--no way!


8. If an aspiring writer asked for advice what would you tell them?
A writing career is a marathon, not a sprint. A little bit every day. Then make that little bit into a bit more every day. EVERY DAY. And don't play Plants vs. Zombies.


9. What is the one thing that scares you more than anything else?
Global warming. What can one soul do against that? I try often to reduce my carbon emission, but I fear I'm just one soul among many and we're going to be living in Waterworld much too soon. And I don't like sailing.


10. What book are you reading right now?
I've got 3 books going. On Audio: Then Came You by Lisa Kleypas In print: Hidden by Kristen and PC Cast. In e: The Ugly Duchess by Eloisa James


Optional questions :)



Favorite Meal: Anything with Chocolate

Favorite Drink (alcoholic/non-alcoholic) : Bahama Mama at Red Lobster

Sweet or Salty snacks? Do I have to pick? Well, I suppose SWEET!

All time favorite movie: The Avengers

Best book to movie adaption: Hunger Games

Worst book to movie adaption: Any comic that takes itself too seriously. Anything relating to comics ought to be at least a little fun, IMO!



Bio: A USA Today Bestseller, JADE LEE has been scripting love stories since she first picked up a set of paper dolls. Ball gowns and rakish lords caught her attention early (thank you Georgette Heyer), and her fascination with the Regency began. An author of more than 30 romance novels and winner of dozens of industry awards, she finally gets to play in the best girl-heaven place of all: a Bridal Salon! In her new series, four women find love as they dress the most beautiful brides in England. Wedded in Scandal and Wedded in Sin are available now. And don't forget KATHY LYONS! She's Jade's lighter, contemporary half. Look for her latest Blaze Living the Fantasy in October 2012.

To find out all the latest news on Jade or Kathy, visit them on the web at www.jadeleeauthor.com or www.kathylyons.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive