Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Interview with Samantha Kane, author of The Devil's Thief


1. If someone looked at your browsing history right now, what kind of
things would we find.

A lot of furniture and accessories websites. I'm moving in a month, and I'm looking for new lighting and furniture and carpets, and just everything. I'm pretty excited about our new house, so I'm finding it hard to think of anything else!


2. If you could write about any subject that is near and dear to your
heart, what would it be and why?
Lately I've been obsessed with WWII. I have one WWII m/m romance, Islands, and I'd like to write more in that time period. Right now I have a WWII homefront YA fully plotted in my head, but it hasn't made the jump to my computer yet. That might be too much of a genre-stretch for me professionally.


3. Do you have a favorite song, album, or playlist to write to?

So many! I create a playlist for almost every book I write. Music is a huge creative influence for me. I'm constantly finding new songs to add to certain playlists. When I'm stuck, one of the first things I do is go to iTunes and start browsing. I'll usually find a song that yanks me out of it and gets me writing again. I have everything from classic country to alternative and opera on my playlists. My most recent discovery is Alicia Key's Girl on Fire for the heroine in my current wip, which is the third book in The Saint's Devils series. The first book in that series, The Devil's Thief, is coming out on November 12.


4. What was the first thing you did after the debut of the first book you wrote?
Probably changed a diaper, lol. I had very little babies back then. Seriously, I probably called my husband. My first book was an erotic romance, the first book of my Brothers in Arms series, and I kept it under wraps, didn't even tell my family and friends until after the second book came out. So it was a low key celebration.


5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People talking on cell phones or texting while they're driving.


6. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
LOL If I said no you all would know I was lying. It's sort of cliche, but dark chocolate is my vice.


7. What was your favorite book as a teen?
Watership Down by Richard Adams.


8. If an aspiring writer asked for advice what would you tell them?
Just write the book. Finish it. Then go back and polish it up. The first draft doesn't have to be pretty.




Optional questions :)



Favorite Meal: Tuna noodle casserole

Favorite Drink (alcoholic/non-alcoholic) It's a tie: Bigelow Spiced Chai decaf tea, Crystal Light Raspberry Green Tea

Sweet or Salty snacks? Depends on my mood. Sometimes both at the same time! I guess sweet more often.

All time favorite movie To Have and Have Not, Bogey and Bacall's first movie together

Best book to movie adaption Jurassic Park

Worst book to movie adaption I'm going to guess that it will be Reacher, coming out this winter with Tom Cruise playing a 6ft 6in. tough guy. Reacher is one of my all time favorite literary characters, and I cringe at the thought of Cruise playing him.

1 Netgalley copy of The Devil's Thief is being given away. To enter leave a comment with your email address and your favorite thing about historical romances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive