Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Interview with Christina Henry, author of Black City


1. If someone looked at your browsing history right now, what kind of
things would we find.

The last three websites I went to were The Republic of Tea, Amazon, and the Chicago Public Library site.

2. If you could write about any subject that is near and dear to your
heart, what would it be and why?

I already do! I love writing stories set in my home city of Chicago.

3. Do you have a favorite song, album, or playlist to write to?

I make a special playlist for each book, and as I work on that book that's usually the only music that I listen to. Each playlist is unique to the emotional intention of that book.

4. What was the first thing you did after the debut of the first book you wrote?

I went to the bookstore so that I could see BLACK WINGS on the bookshelf. That was a pretty exciting moment.

5. What is your biggest pet peeve?

People who stand in the middle of the aisle in the grocery store talking on their cell phones.

6. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
I don't know if I feel guilty about it, but I have a terrible sweet tooth. I probably consume my weight in sugar every week.
7. What was your favorite book as a teen?

The Lord of the Rings series by J.R.R. Tolkien.

8. If an aspiring writer asked for advice what would you tell them?

Write a little bit every day. Even if it's only one page, even if it's only one paragraph. If writing is important to you then you need to dedicate some time to it, even if you feel like you don't have the time. If you do even a small amount of writing every day you'll eventually find that you've finished a whole book.

9. What is the one thing that scares you more than anything else?

I don't get scared. I don't feel that it's a productive emotion. Fear is limiting.

10. What book are you reading right now?

TAKEN AT THE FLOOD by Agatha Christie. I am a big Hercule Poirot fan.

Optional questions :)



Favorite Meal:

Sushi

Favorite Drink (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)

Green tea

Sweet or Salty snacks?

Sweet!

All time favorite movie

SEVEN SAMURAI

Best book to movie adaption

The Lord of the Rings trilogy

Worst book to movie adaption

CONSTANTINE. It bore no resemblance whatsoever to the comic series that I loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive