Sunday, December 9, 2012
Interview with Julie Kenner/J.K. Beck, author of Release Me and When Temptation Burns
1. If someone looked at your browsing history right now, what kind of things would we find.
2. If you could write about any subject that is near and dear to your heart, what would it be and why?
Probably aging and the difficulty of dealing with finding your mind young but your body frail. (I recently witnessed my mother having a couple of neurological episodes and strokes that put her into a nursing home). I actually have a story worked out, but it's very different from my usual voice/milieu!
3. Do you have a favorite song, album, or playlist to write to?
I don't like writing to music, so no. On occasion, (like when I'm trapped in a hotel room with kids) I write to the soundtrack to Sherlock Holmes or The Holiday. Both by Hans Zimmer.
4. What was the first thing you did after the debut of the first book you wrote?
Debut-I don't remember! Sale? Ran around the office tormenting the other attorneys and secretaries with my news, then called every person I'd ever met, ever :)
People who see me reading (in public) and feel like that's a reason the chat!! Hello? Reading here!
6. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
I am utterly without guilt about all my pleasures :) But, ah, yes. Food wise, massive bowls of berries drenched in cream. Movie-wise, Pretty Woman and similar I-will-cry-and-the-end romances. Or action flicks :) Favorite guilty pleasure: go to the movies and sit with a giant drink and a humongous, refillable buttered popcorn!
7. What was your favorite book as a teen?
As a youngish teen, Flowers in the Attic. I thought it was soooo scandalous!
8. If an aspiring writer asked for advice what would you tell them?
Write as much as possible. Develop your voice. Don't keep massaging the same chapter. Write some more.
9. What is the one thing that scares you more than anything else?
Something bad happening to my kids.
10. What book are you reading right now?
Gone With The Wind on audio and The Westing Game and Valley of the Dolls in print
Optional questions :)
Steak at a fabulous steakhouse
Favorite Drink (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)
Coffee with heavy whipping cream, Red wine, Dirty vodka martini
Sweet or Salty snacks?
All time favorite movie
Used to be Star Wars, and while I still love it, I think I'll have to go with Raiders of the Lost Ark
Best book to movie adaption
The Woman in Black was awesome.
Worst book to movie adaption
Lucky Jim. Heard of it? No? There's a reason for that ...
- ► 2013 (72)
- Review of Falling From Eternity by Megan Duncan
- Review of Poison Princess by Kresley Cole
- Book trailer: Uses for Boys by Erica Lorraine Sche...
- Review of Fever by Joan Swan
- Review of King of Darkness by Elisabeth Staab
- Review of Seduced by Blood by Laurie London
- Review of Dr. Duffy's Close Encounter by Maggie Sh...
- Review of Fire Kissed by Erin Kellison
- Interview with Kristina McBride, author of One Mom...
- Interview with Khloe Kamalis, author of For the Lo...
- Winter Warmer Deals from Felicity Heaton / F E Hea...
- Interview with Jennifer August, author of Enlighte...
- Interview with Claudy Conn, author of Shadowlove S...
- Interview with Julie Kenner/J.K. Beck, author of R...
- Interview with Delilah Marvelle, author of Forever...
- Review of Deliver Me from Darkness by Tes Hilaire
- Review of Hearts of Darkness by Kira Brady
- Review of Black Wings by Christina Henry
- Review of To Tempt an Irish Rogue by Kaitlin O'Ril...
- Can Men Write Erotic Romance? by Louisa Bacio
- Guest post: A Flawed Hero by J.M. Kelley
- Emma Michaels Dream Movie Cast - Iris
- Interview with Christina Henry, author of Black Ci...
- Interview with Merrie Destefano, author of Fathom
- Interview with Joselyn Vaughn, author of The Warde...
- Excerpt of ShadowLove--Stalkers by Claudy Conn
- Owlet Dream Cast by Emma Michaels
- Interview with Samantha Kane, author of The Devil'...
- Interview with Candy Little, author of Unforgiving...
- Interview with Carol Phipps, co-author of Elf Kill...
- Interview with Sara Humphreys, author of Untamed
- Interview with Boone Brux, author of Kiss of the B...
- Interview with Jade Lee, author of Wedded in Sin
- Interview with S.J Drum/J.T. Fairfield, author of ...
- Interview with Gini Koch, author of the Alien seri...
- Review of Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost
- Review of Black Dust Mambo by Adrian Phoenix
- Interview with Kelli McCracken, author of the Soul...
- Interview with D. Michelle Gent, author of Ancient...
- Review of Angel in Chains by Cynthia Eden
- Review of Beach Season by Lisa Jackson, Holly Cham...
- Review of How to Lose a Demon in 10 Days
- Review of No Tan Lines by Kate Angell
- ▼ December (43)