Monday, December 10, 2012

Interview with Claudy Conn, author of Shadowlove Stalkers


1. If someone looked at your browsing history right now, what kind of
things would we find?


Hmm, research, lots of research on Druids, Fae, vampires and black magic.

2. If you could write about any subject that is near and dear to your
heart, what would it be and why?

I love fantasy and the Fae, so I always enjoy writing their stories.

3. Do you have a favorite song, album, or playlist to write to?

Actually, I love rock n’ roll and some country, but when I write, I phase off this planet and don’t listen to anything. I can’t listen to anything but what my characters are telling me.

4. What was the first thing you did after the debut of the first book you wrote?

The first book I wrote was a regency romance and I was lucky enough that it sold as soon as I submitted it to Random House. We celebrated big time.

5. What is your biggest pet peeve?

Intolerance. I can not understand why people think that the only way, is their way.

6. Do you have any guilty pleasures?

 Yes, chocolate-ha.

7. What was your favorite book as a teen?

Wuthering Heights. Read it over and over.

8. If an aspiring writer asked for advice what would you tell them?

 To write and never give up.

9. What is the one thing that scares you more than anything else?

Losing a loved one. Can’t think about it.

10. What book are you reading right now?

Just finished Iced by Karen Marie Moning and like all her books, it was fantastic. Kept me at the edge of my seat.



Optional questions :)


Favorite Meal: Italian (eggplant Parm)

Favorite Drink (alcoholic/non-alcoholic) chocolate martini

Sweet or Salty snacks? No, don’t go for ‘em.

All time favorite movie, hmm, I have so many, but I loved and miss the Harry Potter series. I wish it had never ended.

Best book to movie adaption: Harry Potter, Twilight series—I think the movie did an amazing job at adapting to the books which I have read over and over.

Worst book to movie adaption—anything Steven King, oh my gosh they make a mess of his books.

 http://www.amazon.com/Spellbound-Legend-Legend-series-ebook/dp/B005VUU4KU/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331925317&sr=1-1

Shadowlove-Stalkers Link:http://www.amazon.com/SHADOWLOVE-STALKERS-Shadow-vampire-series-ebook/dp/B0053DLC74/ref=sr_1_1_title_1_kin?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1352212894&sr=1-1&keywords=shadowlove-stalkers

6 comments:

  1. Nice interview Claudy! Love your advice on new writers... Never EVER give up! ;)Number 9 is the same for me... never think about that.. I just can't! I've never had a chocolate Martini but I LOVE eggplant Parmesan omg, so good! I've only made it once because its a pain "sweating" and blotting it lol :) I agree on the Harry potter series... love love.. my best friend calls me a Pothead LOL! and its not because of the green leafy variety either haha :) Though I don't agree with best book to movie adaption... Harry Potter YES, Twilight NO :P I loved the Twilight books, hated the first 2 movies... (mainly a certain actress that I'm fairly sure I could have done better than, with no experience) but the last 3 movies were not too bad... and the very last was epic... but my least fav is book Twilight to movie Twilight... it likes skips over all the romance, she'd never met Edward and yet she was like "WHERE WERE YOU?!" Like he had to answer her LOL! I was like, this is just not right LOL! ;)

    Harry Potter though...they followed the books so close, most epic movies made that fit the books perfectly... I like True Blood but they only followed the first book, the rest is random crap they've added on the show and I'm like huh?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome interview. I love your books Claudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Interview! I love, love, love Claudy's hot Fae advetures!I'll never get enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!!!!! I love all of her fantasy series. They are yummerifick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview ...Claudy is such a great person and of course her books are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive