Monday, February 25, 2013
Review of Blaze by Joan Swan
With a man like him, every mission becomes personal. . .
Ever since FBI agent Keira O'Shay started tracking a young boy named Mateo, she's felt a connection even her empathic abilities can't explain. She needs to save Mateo from the cult leader holding him hostage. Nothing can interfere with that--not even the reappearance of Luke Ransom, the hot-as-hell fire captain she's regretted walking out on for three long years.
Losing Keira left Luke vulnerable--in every way. When they were together, the powers each possesses were mysteriously enhanced. But it's the sexy, surprising woman beneath the tough exterior that Luke's really missed. Even if she betrayed him utterly. And even if agreeing to help her uncover a government conspiracy means watching his life and his heart go up in flames again. . .
Blaze by Joan Swan is the second book in her Phoenix Rising series. Blaze immediately kicks into high gear with tons of action. I enjoyed getting to know more about the character of Luke Ransom. The relationship between Keira and Luke was incredibly intense and the intimate scenes were downright steamy. I loved the role reversal that took place in Blaze, it usually is the male main character who holds back and is hesistant to settle down. I found the fact that Keira knew what she did and didn't want and how she was not afraid to go after it. I was very pleased that some of the characters from Fever returned and played such an important part in Blaze's storyline. This is a thrill a minute, high octane romantic suspense novel with a dash of paranormal tossed into the mix and I cannot wait for the next book in this amazing series.
- Series spotlight for Stephanie Rowe's Ever After s...
- Interview with Tracey O'Hara, author of The Dark B...
- Interview with Jessica Brody, author of My Life Un...
- Interview with Mari Mancusi, author of The Blood C...
- Review of Torn by Erica O'Rourke
- Review of Devious by Lisa Jackson
- Review of King of Darkness by Elisabeth Staab
- Review of Judging a Book by Its Lover by Lauren Le...
- Review of Deserving of His Diamonds by Melanie Mil...
- Review of Moon Music by Faye Kellerman
- Review of Fever by Joan Swan
- Interview with SJ Byrne, author of My Butterfly
- Book Spotlight: Kissed by a Vampire by Caridad Pin...
- Review of Blaze by Joan Swan
- Book Spotlight: Colonization by Aubrie Dionne
- Interview with Pamela Palmer, author of the Feral ...
- Interview with P.G. Forte, author of Finders Keepe...
- Interview with Rosalie Lario, author of Blood of t...
- ▼ February (18)