Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Interview with Rosalie Lario, author of Blood of the Demon



1. If someone looked at your browsing history right now, what kind of
things would we find?


Oh boy! Lol, right now you’d find a lot of research about New York City’s underground tunnels, abandoned subway systems, and old aqueducts. I’m hard at work on Angel’s Kiss, Book 4 in my Fallen Warriors series, and I’m going underground for this one!

2. If you could write about any subject that is near and dear to your
heart, what would it be and why?



I tend to write about the things that I’m most passionate about, and that’s paranormal creatures. I’ve been obsessed with them as long as I can remember, going all the way back to my Bunnicula fixation as a small child. Once I picked up my first Ann Rice book, I was a goner. I absolutely love the paranormal, and will keep writing in the genre until someone makes me stop!

3. Do you have a favorite song, album, or playlist to write to?


I have a few different playlists with various themes. If I’m writing a sexy scene, my go-to song is “I Put a Spell on You” by Nina Simone. For a fight scene, I love “Down with the Sickness” by Disturbed. I’m always looking for new songs to add to my lists.

4. What was the first thing you did after the debut of the first book you wrote?


Danced around the room. Then got back to work on my next manuscript, lol. At some point I’ll throw that big release party, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.

5. What is your biggest pet peeve?


Mean people. Seriously, they piss me off.

6. Do you have any guilty pleasures?


I love reading ménage erotica. Though I don’t know if that’s so much a guilty pleasure, since I tend to take pride in my reading collection!

7. What was your favorite book as a teen?


Probably The Witching Hour by Anne Rice. Still one of my all-time faves.

8. If an aspiring writer asked for advice what would you tell them?


Writing can be a very challenging career. It’s a lot of work, often for very little (or no) pay. If you can do something else, then do it. But if you absolutely must write, then don’t let anyone’s criticism sway you. If you believe writing is your path and aren’t willing to let anything get in the way, sooner or later you will be published. And of course, in this day and age, you can theoretically make a name of yourself by self-publishing.

9. What is the one thing that scares you more than anything else?


Roaches. The big, disgusting waterbugs, or Florida’s lovely contribution, the flying Palmetto bug. I go into a state of shock just thinking about it.

10. What book are you reading right now?

I’m actually re-reading an old Christmas fave, Gifts of Love by Kay Hooper and Lisa Kleypas. I love the holdays! 


Optional questions :)



Favorite Meal: Pizza

Favorite Drink (alcoholic/non-alcoholic): Chocolate milk, or hot chocolate during the holidays

Sweet or Salty snacks? Sweet (chocolate all the way, baby)

All time favorite movie: The Devil’s Advocate

Best book to movie adaption: Last of the Mohicans (movie is way better, IMO)

Worst book to movie adaption: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. My fave Harry Potter book, but the movie didn’t do it for me at all.




BLOOD OF THE DEMON, Book 1 of the Demons of Infernum series, is available now!









Rosalie’s Bio:

Formally trained as a corporate and real estate lawyer, Rosalie practiced law for 5 years before finally admitting to herself that negotiating contracts wasn’t nearly as fun as dreaming up stories. As an avid reader of romances and supernatural stories, she knew she wanted to write urban fantasy and paranormal romance. Tales of vampires, demons, and other supernatural beings ensued. She’s currently hard at work on the Demons of Infernum, a series of paranormal romance novels featuring four sexy half-demon brothers and their reluctant heroines. When not writing, Rosalie enjoys spending time with her husband and son in their home state of Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment