Friday, April 26, 2013

Interview with Victoria Scott, author of The Collector



 If someone looked at your browsing history right now, what kind of
things would we find?


Ooh, fun question. They'd find the usual suspects: Twitter, Goodreads, Amazon, B&N. They'd also find links to interior design and gardening blogs.


If you could write about any subject that is near and dear to your heart, what would it be and why?
 
THE-COLLECTOR Cover.jpgThis is terribly generic, but I'd write about animals. Almost every idea I have begins with animals. Sometimes I can work them in, sometimes I can't. You'd expect someone like me to have 187 pets, but alas, I only have two very fat cats.

Do you have a favorite song, album, or playlist to write to?

Honestly, anything dark and hard. Think Tool and White Zombie.

What was the first thing you did after the debut of the first book you wrote?


Yet to be seen. The debut of my first book, THE COLLECTOR, will be early next year. *cue nervousness* 

 What is your biggest pet peeve?

People being unnecessarily hurtful. I can't handle it when I see peeps being cruel to others.

Do you have any guilty pleasures?


 Greek food and peonies. Love both desperately.

What was your favorite book as a teen?


The Thief of Always by Clive Barker

 If an aspiring writer asked for advice what would you tell them?


Ask yourself, "Do I work harder than anyone else around me?" If the answer is yes, then dive in head first. Write, read, and write some more.

What is the one thing that scares you more than anything else?


Spiders. I can hardly type the word.

10. What book are you reading right now?


I'm reading LAST NIGHT I SANG TO THE MONSTER by Benjamin Alire Senz. It's a wicked book.


Favorite Meal: Lamb, hummus, eegra, and pita bread.

Favorite Drink (alcoholic/non-alcoholic): Root beer and/or an apple martini

Sweet or Salty snacks? Sweet

All time favorite movie: What Dreams May Come

Best book to movie adaption: Harry Potter films


 
 
Author Photo.jpg
Victoria Scott is a YA writer represented by Laurie McLean. She’s the author of THE COLLECTOR (Entangled Teen, March 2013) and THE BRIMSTONE BLEED (Scholastic, 2014). Victoria has a master's degree in marketing, and lives in Dallas with her husband. When not writing, she can be found grubbing on cotton candy and snuggling obese cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment