Sunday, March 3, 2013

Interview with Megan Miranda, author of Hysteria


If someone looked at your browsing history right now, what kind of
things would we find?



 
Famous jail breaks and proof that I have thus far done all my holiday shopping online…


If you could write about any subject that is near and dear to your
heart, what would it be and why?

Hysteria_Miranda_cover.jpg
Mostly I think I am writing about the subjects near and dear to me. I am a huge science nerd, and I’ve always been fascinated with the brain. Both my first and second books deal with an aspect of that.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 Do you have a favorite song, album, or playlist to write to?
I’m probably in the minority, but I get distracted by any noise when I’m writing. That said, I listened to Mumford & Sons’ The Cave about a million times on repeat while thinking about my next book, Hysteria.


 What was the first thing you did after the debut of the first book you wrote?
The day my first book came out, I was in a hotel in NYC finishing up the edits on my next book (which were due) before the launch event for Fracture. It felt right J

Fracture_Miranda_cover.jpg
 What is your biggest pet peeve?
Talking during a movie. I am so easily distracted.


Do you have any guilty pleasures?
Like the fact that I just ate Halloween candy for breakfast?


What was your favorite book as a teen?
I think it depended on the year (and changed every time I read something great). In general, I loved the dark classics and mainstream thrillers of any kind. I devoured books by Dean Koontz and Michael Crichton, but couldn’t tell you a favorite.


If an aspiring writer asked for advice what would you tell them?
Do not fear the delete key. Something I learned during the process of revising my first book: sometimes it’s easier to fix something by starting it over.


What is the one thing that scares you more than anything else?
That something will throw off the current status of the solar system and the earth will suddenly plummet into the sun or something. This has also been a fear of mine since I can remember having fears…That, and clowns.

 What book are you reading right now?
Insurgent by Veronica Roth


Miranda_pic.jpgMegan Miranda is the author of Fracture. She spends a great deal of time thinking about the “why” and “how” of things, which leads her to get carried away daydreaming about the “what -ifs.” She lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children. Hysteria, a young adult psychological thriller, will be published in February, 2013.

@MeganLMiranda

No comments:

Post a Comment